Our business was born back in 1994 (formerly known as Mike’s Woodshop) when we began manufacturing children’s furniture and toys from a skyline garage in Poroti, New Zealand.
Upon offering our local Whangarei schools the opportunity to purchase some painting easels, one of the local principals asked if we could custom make something similar. We took up the challenge and since then we have grown and diversified from a small product offering to a comprehensive catalogue of custom built furniture manufactured in our Whangarei based factory, along with a wide range of complementary imported and locally sourced products.
We have a skilled and loyal team who take pride in the products we deliver and who strive to provide all our customers with quality, value and service.
We have a custom built factory in Whangarei with modern machinery that produces our product to a very high standard. Over the years we have also developed an importing side to our business, whereby we can provide a number of items direct to our customers at great prices, as well as quality components to help keep our products competitive in the market. All our imported products have been very carefully selected, ensuring that they are of a higher specification than any locally made product.
We also have a range of New Zealand suppliers that complement our own furniture to ensure we have a comprehensive range available. We are very loyal to our suppliers and therefore they support us and our customers.
As a customer of Educated Furniture you have our assurance that:
- Customer service and satisfaction is our priority
- We only use and supply top quality materials and our workmanship is at the highest level.
- We will bring you the best possible products at the most competitive prices.
- We can offer a customised design service – for all areas, including the classroom, staffroom, break out spaces, offices, administration areas and libraries.
- We manufacture furniture to your specifications.
- We are always happy to assist with designing and manufacturing bespoke equipment.
- We are always researching and testing new and innovative products that we can add to our product offering.
- We are always working on ways to improve our existing products as well as coming up with completely new designs where there is a gap in the market.