Mike and Kerri Lewin started Mike’s Woodshop Ltd back in 1994 where we manufactured mainly children’s wooden furniture and toys from a skyline garage in a little country place called Poroti.
On offering to our local Whangarei schools the opportunity to purchase painting easels for the children to paint and draw on, one of our local principals asked if we could make something similar. Of course we were good ol’ Kiwis and said “Sure can”. So from back in 1994 where we started with only a few products, we have developed and expanded the business over the years, with moving the business premises 3 times, to now having a very comprehensive 146 page catalogue, an extensive website and are in a custom built factory in South End Avenue, Whangarei.
We have a very modern factory with modern up to date machinery that produces our product to a very high standard. We have a great staff that takes pride in the products that they produce to ensure that the customer is happy when their furniture arrives at the destination. The boys in our factory have a motto. It is pretty blunt, but it is what they live by…. “We don’t build rubbish, and we don’t build ugly rubbish”
Over the years we have also developed in importing side to our business, whereby we can provide a number of chairs direct to our customers at great prices, and also adding in components to help keep our products competitive in the market. All our products that we import have been very carefully selected ensuring that they are of a higher specification that any locally made product.
We have a range of NZ suppliers also with products that complement our own brands to ensure we have a comprehensive range available. We are very loyal to our suppliers and therefore they support us and our customers 110%. We are very lucky to have the support of companies like Buro Office Seating, Boyd Visuals, IRL, W Wiggins, Textillia to name a few.
Our three boys have grown up helping in our business at weekends and holidays. Though none have followed us into the “trade” they have all branched out into other areas, with Brennan & Alyson in the Dargaville area on a dairy farm, Richard in the Mediterranean and Caribbean working on a 88m super yacht and Harry is now at Auckland University studying for a BSc with his love of Chemistry and working at MWS during the semester breaks to help fund his study. We have one little Grandson Oscar born 2012 and are now lucky to have a little granddaughter Erin born 2014 who is of course makes us the luckiest Nana and Poppa ever!
Mike’s Woodshop Ltd – Offers you
- Customer service and satisfaction is a priority
- That we will continue to use top quality materials and our workmanship will be at the highest level
- We will bring to you the customer, the best possible product at the most competitive price
- As an importer, we are able to bring to you products at wholesale rates, cutting out the middle man
- A customised design service – for all areas, including the classroom, staffroom, break out spaces, Administrations, Libraries, etc
- As the manufacturer we are able to manufacture furniture to your specifications
- We will be constantly increasing our range of furniture available to you
- Don’t be afraid to ask for something that will be unique to your requirements.
- Due to improvements to any product, size and changes may occur without notice
- We offer you a 10 year guarantee on all products unless stated otherwise on a particular item
- The guarantee covers faulty materials and workmanship only
- The guarantee does not cover unfair wear, tear, misuse or abuse
- The guarantee does not cover any fabrics or zips unless stated on the individual product
- Our guarantee is a return to base guarantee. Should in the unlikely event an item fails within the specified guarantee period it is up to the customer to return this to Mike’s Woodshop for repair. Once the item is repaired we will pay the cost to return to you
- We are happy to supply samples where necessary. This is on a 7 day trial. The goods must be returned to us in a “new” condition at the cost of the client.
Terms & Conditions
- All goods received must be checked before signing for
- If there has been any damage to the goods delivered this MUST be written on the delivery consignment note. It is also easier and quicker for everyone if you leave the item on the truck so that it can be replaced or repaired and back to you as soon as possible.
- Once signed for, no matter the condition, it is yours. So please check all inwards goods properly before signing for them.
- Any goods needing to be returned for any reason, must have written permission from Mike’s Woodshop Ltd. If returned without permission, there may be costs incurred by you.
- All goods have been made to your specifications. You have made your personal choices of colours, sizes and items and these have been made especially for you. All of these items are non-returnable
- If the goods have not been made to the specification on the website, catalogue or quote we are happy to have them replaced with the correct product.
- If we agree to have any goods returned there will be a restocking fee and a freight cost.
- Any items that are ‘made to your specifications are not returnable.
- Title on the goods supplied does not pass to the purchaser until payment has been made in full.
- Any accounts not paid in full maybe given to a debt collector.
- All costs incurred will be payable by you the customer
Terms of Payment
- Payment required by the 20th of the month following the invoice.
- If you do have an account with us, goods must be paid for before they are dispatched.
- All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- All prices are PLUS GST and freight.
- On publishing all items are correct to specification and design.
- However some items may differ due to updating a design and the availability of the raw materials
- Suppliers update their products from time to time, so replacement product may occur.
- We have endeavoured to have all the information correct at time of printing, however any mistakes that have been made will be pointed out to the client at time of purchase.
- All colours pictured are as close as we can get as the printing process will allow.